Whole30 Sweet + Savory Slaw
Looking for a fabulous, easy, and delicious Whole30 compliant meal? Look no further! This Sweet & Savory Slaw is one of the best recipes we’ve ever seen for meal prep!
You can tell the author of this recipe is a foodie AND future Registered Dietician. Why? Not only does it perfectly meet the Whole30 meal template, including lots of fresh veggies, protein, and healthy fats, but it’s unbelievably delicious AND gets tastier once the flavors have had a chance to meld together. That’s right, this actually gets better over time!
Lexi Linsenman recently shared this recipe as the Recipe of the Day on KDSK news St. Louis (you can watch the full segment and read more about it here).
Pin it, screenshot it, bookmark it, whatever you need to do to make sure this recipe goes in your rotation!
WHOLE30 SWEET & SAVORY SLAW
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup diced apples
1 cup shredded chicken breast
1 cup diced Original Naked Bacon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup diced pistachios
2 tbsp horseradish mustard (or mustard of your liking)
2 tbsp red wine vinaigrette
1. In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots, apples, chicken, bacon, cranberries, and pistachios
2. In a small bowl whisk together mustard and vinegar for the dressing
3. Pour the desired dressing amount into the large bowl and stir until evenly distributed
4. Refrigerate overnight so that the flavors blend or if you are short on time, 1-2 hours
5. Top with extra cranberries and pistachios for a highlighted presentation
Lexi Linsenman is a health & fitness advocate, foodie, and RD student. Connect with her for more on Instagram @chefff_lex or through her website.