Butternut Squash Pasta with Bacon
This Butternut Squash Pasta with Bacon is total comfort food! This healthy spin on pasta is both gluten free and dairy free. Our bacon adds a crispy and savory touch to this butternut squash dish.
This pasta is great for when you’re craving a warm and cozy meal, but you’re looking for something healthier!
3 cups cooked gf pasta
1 small/medium sized butternut squash
3-4 cloves garlic, roasted (cut off top of garlic, put avocado oil on it and roast for 30 minutes at 400)
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (in oil), sliced
1/2 cup cooked Naked bacon, chopped
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp diced green onions
1/2 tsp salt (little more for topping)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 smoked paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
1. Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wrap butternut squash in tin foil and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Flip halfway through. Cook a little longer if you press the squash and it does not give.
3. When squash is done, use a spoon to scoop out seeds and place squash without the skin in a blender. Add roasted garlic, seasonings, nutritional yeast and oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Coat noodles with sauce in a large pot
5. Top with Naked Bacon, sun dried tomatoes, green onions, salt and chili flakes
Recipe courtesy of our friend Lexi!