Bacon Macaroni & Cheese Cups
There’s no food more loved than Macaroni and Cheese! And when you add all natural Naked Bacon to it? Well, it just takes the classic dish to a whole new level!
These Mac & Cheese cups are made in a muffin tin for fun individual servings. Kids and grown ups alike will be thrilled to see this coming to the table! So whether you’re making a special Thanksgiving or just putting together a fun weeknight dinner, this is a side dish that’ll make everybody excited.
BACON MAC AND CHEESE CUPS
1 packages Original Naked Bacon
1 box (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1.5 cups low fat milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the macaroni to a large pot of salted, boiling water. Cook to al dente and strain the water.
2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set on a paper towel lined plate. Chop or break into bite sized pieces.
2. Meanwhile, add the butter and flour to a sauce pan and whisk together until bubbly. A little at a time, whisk in the milk. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
3. A handful at a time, mix in the cheese. Stir together until thickened. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add the macaroni to a large bowl. Pour the cheese mixture on top and stir until combined. Add half of the bacon and stir again.
5. Turn the broiler on. Spray or brush a muffin tin with oil.
6. Spoon the macaroni and cheese into each cup, pressing the mixture in to fill.
7. Sprinkle each cup with about 1-2 Tbsp of cheese. Set under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until crispy.
8. Last, top each macaroni and cheese cup with crumbled bacon. Serve and enjoy!
Will you be making this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag us on Instagram @nakedbaconco!